Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Sees Candy

My family used to buy Sees Candy for Christmas during the holidays when I was a little girl, but since then, I haven't tried their candy, although I have pleasant memories.

Sees has been around since 1921 starting with Mary See's own homemade recipes. We decided to try the chocolate walnut fudge from Mary's original recipe. For the chocolates, we selected the "create your custom mix" option, where you can choose your own box from a pound to five pounds (and a one pound box in a heart shape--great for Valentine's Day). There are 70 different candies! The selection process was tough, but I'm a nutty woman, so I was leaning towards anything with nuts, although I did choose a few fruit options that were new ideas to me. Here is a list of our mix:

  • 10% Blueberry Truffle
  • 10% Almond Square
  • 10% Milk Peanut
  • 10% Milk Pecan Bud
  • 10% Dark Almond
  • 10% Dark Walnut
  • 10% Apricot Delight
  • 10% Kona Mocha
  • 10% Dark Raisin
  • 10% Dark Cocoanut

Sees offers a variety of chocolates including milk, dark, and white chocolate. You can select nuts and chews (nuts are my favorite), truffled and soft centers, candy bars, and sugar free options. They also sell brittle and toffee, lollipops, and red and black licorice, and an assortment of other specialty treats, nuts, and fudge. I decided to throw in a bag of their red licorice medals because I enjoy Twizzlers so much.

Here's a fun fact: the famous "I Love Lucy" episode where Lucy and Ethel get a job at the candy factory? That's Sees! After we got our shipment, I was jealous of their predicament!


I ordered our shipment on December 31st. Our delivery arrived January 9th in the afternoon via UPS. We took our chocolate over to our friend's house to gift them the fudge and to try the chocolates together.





Since I'm the nut fan that I am, I was very surprised when my favorite turned out to be the Apricot Delight and the Blueberry Truffle was not far behind. The descriptions really follow through on the promise of their name. The Kona Mocha really tastes like coffee and the Almond Square was made with vanilla caramel, which really came through. We really tore into the box after dinner and after that, it didn't last more than a week!

I'm very tempted to order again or very strongly hint to my husband that I would like another box for Valentine's Day. 

I would like to share a bag of the red licorice medalions with you! In order to enter, join my blog and like, share, and comment on my Sees Candy Facebook post to let me know what else you would like to try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment