I imagine most of you have made resolutions to eat more healthy. This issue of Woman's Day lent a few great tips on how to eat healthy and I couldn't wait to make the pineapple salsa (pg, 107).
We've all heard fresh is better and, although you can't buy fresh pineapple unless you live in Hawaii, fresh pineapple has an enzyme that aids digestion and a higher percentage of vitamin C (the heating process of canned pineapple reduces the quality of nutrients).
I was excited to buy my pineapple and make my salsa, because I have a special contraption specifically for slicing pineapple that I received from Tomeca Paige, Pampered Chef representative. It works really well and helps guard against cut fingers:
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into ½-in. pieces
- 1 jalapeño, (seeded for less heat) finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper