Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Splurging on EPA

Part of the new year for me will be working on my health. I have a ways to go. I am a little overweight and I have been a smoker, so I really want to start repairing some of the damage I've done over the past decade.

Lean Cuisine has been really good to me, since they have no preservatives, are low priced, and offer a rewards program that allow me to shop (no shipping and their merchandise is quality). With a strict budget for food (another project for the new year--finances) I don't feel as guilty if I splurge on one item.

This supermarket trip I decided to try a product I've seen in Woman's Day several times. Jif now makes a peanut butter with DHA and EPA.

DHA and EPA are believed to help a number of issues including ADHD (check), mental health, cancer, and pregnancy (un-check). Fish oil is another supplement that adds Omega-3's to the body's system but I think you'd agree, this one tastes better. Peanut butter is also a protein that helps you feel more full for longer.




If you're a local resident and would like to try Jif Omega-3 let me know. I picked up an extra jar.

Saving money helps us to be more generous. That's my number one resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment