Friday, December 7, 2012

Ho Ho Holiday Style

If you can get away with it, my best advise for holiday dress is to wear a costume. Of course, my advice for any occasion is to wear a costume. I realize that this isn't normal, but I'm not normal so I'll continue on as if it is.

Unless you're invited to your company's business party, costumes are a fun way of celebrating all holidays and anything else you can use as an excuse. If you purchase them out of season, you can also save a lot of money. Two years ago I paid $4.99 for my Mrs. Clause outfit. I was over joyed. The top was very good quality and not too risque. The bottoms are another story but for $4.99 it didn't matter. Here is a photo of me threatening The Grinch, as he has taken cake form:



This is on the top of my wish list. It needs a Red Rider BB Gun as an accessory:



This is a trick I learned this year. If you line your lips with brown lip liner (or I actually used an eye liner) it will deepen the color of your red lipstick. Before, my lip color always turned pink:



I learned this in a pinch, when I couldn't find any real lip liner on my way to see Taco Santa. In similar pinches I have learned that lipstick works as blush and on rare occasions, eye shadow:



Now let's talk about shoes. Better yet, let's just picture them:







That last pair by Nina Ricci will cost you upwards of $1500. But you're bringing peace on earth to your party in such a fabulous way.

That's all I got seeing as I haven't cut my hair in over a year. If you want to know more you'll just have to go visit Woman's Day. I do guarantee, however, they offer none of these accessories.

1 comment: