Please note the links, which indicate I bought local.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 lb large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and 2 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and nestle them in the partially cooked rice. Scatter the peas over the top, cover, and cook until the shrimp are opaque throughout and the rice is tender, 4 to 5 minutes more. Fold in the cilantro.
Serve with raita (ray-tay) which is a mixture of Greek yogurt, ground cumin, peeled cucumber, cilantro or mint, and lime juice
WHO I SHARED THIS WITH: